Thursday, September 09, 2010

New House

I woke up at 8:15 this morning and prepared myself breakfast. I made coffee with the moka machine. This "machine" clearly had not been used for centuries. I respected all coffee tips: not put too much coffee inside the machine, not press down the coffee, no water above the little hole, and one or two little grains of salt into the water. Finally, mixing it with a spoon before serving.

The result: an horrible coffee! I guess those centuries of idleness passed into the coffee.


It is kind of weird to adapt to the new house. It is big and has many more objects than most students' houses usually have. Light switches seem to be located too low on the walls.


I enjoy very much the terrace: it is perfect for having breakfasts. Also, it offers space to hang clothes to dry.


From my bedroom I can hear and even see regional trains stopping and passing. I believe even the "David Lynch" train passes there. I enjoy very much that not so much far away train sounds. It reminds me of summers and travelling.